Welcome to the Hillcat Nation!
New Student Orientation
August 14-17, 2024
What is Hillcamp?
Hillcamp is a four-day new student orientation held in August before classes start. Held on the beautiful Rogers State University Claremore campus. Hillcamp is the best way to start building relationships and getting plugged into your new life as a Hillcat. While attending Hillcamp, you will meet fellow new Hillcats, current students, faculty, and staff in a fun, success-oriented environment.
Planned and produced for students by students! Hillcamp is designed to help new students prepare for their college experience and give them the tools to be successful in college.
Get ready to have some fun! And learn a few things along the way!
How much does it cost?
Cost of Hillcamp – $70. This covers the cost of meals, a t-shirt, activity equipment, printed resources, and an optional bus service to off-campus events.
Gear Up Students: Students who attend Gear Up High Schools can attend Hillcamp for FREE! GEAR UP will reimburse those who attend a college orientation program. Gear Up Schools eligible for reimbursement: Ada, Claremore, Clinton, Duncan, Durant, Jay, Locust Grove, Skiatook, Tahlequah, Woodward. Register to confirm your reimbursement eligibility.
Register now for Hillcamp!
- Deadline to register: July 14, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
What will you gain by attending Hillcamp?
Attending Hillcamp at Rogers State University will help you make a successful transition from high school to college. If you are transferring from a previous college, Hillcamp will help you transition seamlessly to university life at RSU. Students living off campus will need to determine their living arrangements before Hillcamp. Hillcamp will provide everything else for students living off campus.
Here a just a few of the benefits that Hillcamp offers:
- On-campus housing move-in if applicable
- Establish connections with faculty and staff
- Develop a strong sense of school spirit and what it means to be a Hillcat
- Learn about the expectations of academic and social life on campus
- Get to know other students
- Learn your way around campus
- Find out about important dates and events
- Learn about all the different activities and organizations on campus and in the community
- Learn how to financially survive
- Get real information from current students
- Find out about what services are offered from different departments across campus
What to Bring
The following items are some suggestions of what you should bring with you to Hillcamp.
- Hand sanitizer
- Shorts, T-shirts, Jeans, Extra change of clothes
- Socks and Tennis Shoes (closed-toed shoes are required for some activities)
- Raincoat and Umbrella (weather dependent)
- Sunscreen, Bug Repellent, and Water Bottle for outdoor activities
- Swimming suit (for water and pool activities)
Are you planning to live on campus? Hillcamp allows you to move in early!
- Move-in day for Hillcamp attendees: Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2024 | 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Students that register for Hillcamp will be notified about their move-in time closer to the date of the camp. To learn more about your residence information, contact Residential Life at [email protected] or 918-343-7789 office or visit the Students Tab on MyRSU.
Students living off-campus will need to determine their living arrangements before Hillcamp. On-campus housing will not be provided during Hillcamp for non-campus residents.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact RSU Student Activities Coordinator, Katie Anderson, at [email protected] or 918-343-7579